USB Charger (not completely tested)
First I started with a book light from the dollar store and broke off the light part, both wires from it are black. I stripped the wires on an USB extension and hooked the positive to the RED and the negative to the Black and the outer ground, cause the PlayStation 2 has negative grounded.I did some testing, and blew out a bluetooth headset on accident. Then a bit more testing.
Then I put the wires in the hole that was already there, and hooked them all up making sure the wire was secure, I was gunna put it in a knot but there wasn't enough room in there. Worked out nice though.
Tips: The book light holds 4 AA batteries. 4 AA is 6 volts, it's to much. Don't use Alkaline Batteries they are 1.5 volts. Rechargeable batteries are 1.2, so 4 rechargeable batteries are 4.8, that works with the Zune. But mixing 2 Alkaline and 2 Rechargeable are 5.4, and the Zune takes that alright also, but does nothing at 6volts. The Mix seems to charge it faster but I haven't fully tested, 2 Alkaline and 2 Rechargeable can charge the Zune 2 times while it's playing, charge time while playing music is about 2 hours.




No comments:
Post a Comment